Most of you must have tried the stir-fried fish recipes with a lot of variation but the recipe which I am sharing with you right now will be on the top of that list when you will try it. Here the fish is cooked with the glaze of imli (tamarind) that will give the fish a supreme taste that you all couldn’t resist.
The ingredients of this Tamarind Fish recipe are very limited as the dominant and delicious taste of tamarind doesn’t need any more ingredients to enhance its flavor. Cook for your family in your perfect dinner and be there super cook.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 7 to 8 fish slices
- 2 tablespoons tamarind sauce
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Chopped mint for garnishing
- Take a bowl and add turmeric powder, tamarind sauce, red chili powder, garlic paste, salt and black pepper and mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Now add the fish slices and mix well with hands until the fish slices are fully coated. Place in a refrigerator for an hour or two for proper marination.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a pan.
- Take out the fish and place in the pan with hot oil, fry for about 3 to 4 minute on one side then change the side and again fry for 3 to 4 minutes or until the fish is fully prepared and can be cut down in flakes with a fork.
- When ready take out in a serving dish and garnish with chopped mint and 1 teaspoon of tamarind sauce.