Chana Chaat is one of the traditional Indian food made with chickpeas, veggies and combination of delicious spices that makes it a fantabulous snack and sideline with your main course meal. Its commonly available in almost every fast food restaurant in India as its very easy to make and one of the most popular dishes in India as well as in Pakistan.
You don’t have to do special grocery for this dish, simply open up your refrigerator and grab your favorite veggies and add a pinch of Indian spices and you are ready to go..Happy cooking
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 5 Minutes
Yield – 2
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 12 oz chickpeas
- ½ white onion (finely chopped)
- ½ tomato (finely chopped)
- ½ green bell pepper (finely chopped)
- ½ potato (peeled and chopped)
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ tespoon chaat masala
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon white cumin seeds
- 1 green chili pepper (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon fresh coriander (chopped)
- Heat about 1 cup of water in a sauce pan and add potato cubes. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until tender. Drain out water and set the potatos in a colander to drain out any extra water.
- In the mean while, Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl, except for the fresh coriander and mix well.
- Add boiled potatoes and again mix roughly until all of the spices are evenly mixed.
- Garnish with chopped coriander and enjoy.