If you want to make your dining remarkable then Beef Jalfrezi is a superb choice for you. This dish is famous for its eastern western fusion, its look and taste that’s why you can easily find it in any part of the world.
This is one of the most popular restaurant dish in India, Pakistan and United Kingdom. The main ingredient of Beef Jalfrezi is beef that’s is cooked with a variety of spices and green bell pepper to make this authentic dish for your perfect family dinner.
Tip: To have fresh color of green vegetables, simply add little bit of sugar and never overcook the vegetables. That will give it a fresh green color.
Prep Time – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pounds beef (cut in 1 inch cubes)
- 1 onion (cut in cubes)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- Salt as need
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon jalfrezi masala
- 1 green bell pepper (cut in cubes)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 2 green chilies (cut lengthwise)
- 1 cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- Take beef pieces in a bowl and add salt, jalfrezi masala, black pepper, lemon juice and yogurt. Mix well until properly combined and the beef pieces are coated, then place in a refrigerator for an hour or 2
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic, ginger, coriander powder and cumin seeds. Sauté for 1 minute then add tomatoes, cover the pan and simmer for about 6 to 7 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender.
- Smash the tomatoes and add the marinated beef along with the marinade sauce and cook for about 15 minutes at high heat with constant stirring.
- In another pan add 1 tablespoon oil and add cardamom and onion, sauté for 2 minutes then add sugar and green bell pepper and again sauté for 2 more minutes. Take out in a dish and set aside till use.
- Beat the egg in a bowl and season with salt and black pepper. Now heat oil in the same pan and fry the egg. Take out and cut in cubes.
- Add the green bell pepper mixture and egg pieces into the beef mixture and cook for 1 more minute.
- Finally add green chilies and garam masala and remove from heat. Don’t overcook; let the color of bell pepper be fresh green and still crisp.
- Take out in a serving dish and serve as it is or as a side dish.