This dish is a very popular street food which you can find on almost every street corner of Amritsar, Punjab. The intense taste of this fantastic Amritsari fish is really amazing and it’s so easy to make!
Serve the dish as an appetizer or a snack at your parties and you will amaze everybody with this simple but oh so tasty dish.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pounds salmon fish (cut in cubes)
- ¼ cup gram flour
- ½ cup yogurt
- Salt as needed
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 cinnamon stick (powdered)
- 1 egg
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Vegetable oil for deep frying
- Take salmon pieces in a large bowl and add lemon juice. Mix well then season with salt and black pepper. Place in a refrigerator for half an hour.
- Now take another bowl and add gram flour, salt, red chili powder, cumin, coriander powder, fresh cilantro, garlic paste, ginger powder, egg, turmeric powder, mango powder, cinnamon powder and yogurt. Mix well until smooth mixture without lumps.
- Now take out the marinated salmon pieces and add to the yogurt mixture. Again mix well to coat properly and leave for about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and slowly add the salmon pieces one by one in hot oil, cook for about 3 to 4 minutes on one side, change the side and again cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the salmon is properly cooked. Check it by taking out on piece, if it’s still raw from inside, slow down the flame to medium and cook for 2 more minutes.
- When done, take out in a serving dish and season with chaat masala. Enjoy with chilled mint chutney or chili garlic sauce.