This Prawn Stir Fry with Spinach dish is for fish lovers where you can enjoy the stir fried prawns with the punch of Indian spices. After preparing the ingredients, this dish hardly requires 10 minutes to cook so you don’t have to work on the recipe for hours before enjoying it.
Here I have used spinach as a sideline that is making this dish a delicious and healthy combination of veg and non-veg.
Prep Time – 5 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
Yield – 3
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 12 prawns (Cleaned and deveined)
- 1 onion (thinly chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger piece (peeled and finely grated)
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon mango powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint (for garnishing)
- 2 cups spinach (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- Heat oil in a pan and add onion, sauté for 4 to 5 minutes or until translucent then add garlic paste and grated ginger and again sauté for 1 more minutes.
- Add prawns, coriander powder, cumin powder, cinnamon powder and black pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes at medium high or until the prawns are cooked properly.
- Finally add lemon juice and mango powder and cook for one more minute. Take out in a serving dish.
- Now heat butter in the same pan and add garlic paste. Sauté for 1 minute then add paprika, turmeric powder and salt and finally add chopped tomatoes. Cover the lid and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender enough to smash easily.
- Uncover the pan and mash the tomatoes with wooden spatula. Add chopped spinach and again cook for 10 more minutes at medium high with occasional stirring.
- When spinach is tender and ready, take out in a serving dish and top with stir fried prawns. Garnish with chopped mint and serve hot.