This pork cutlet recipe is very easy to make dish that you don’t have to plan days before making it. The ingredients require in Pork and Spinach Cutlets is not hard to find, you can easily find them in your kitchen closet.
You may also like: Pork Teriyaki Kebabs, Spicy Shrimp Kofta Curry Recipe and Salmon Kebabs with Green Bell Pepper
Here we have used pork and spinach but if you don’t like pork as a main ingredient then you can also replace it with chicken, beef or turkey, anything you like. I usually make these cutlets in lump sum number and then freeze them for the rest of my month.
It’s really convenient and simple to make and can be used in your breakfast, lunches or dinner. Enjoy cooking.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 50 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pounds pork fillets
- 1½ cup chopped spinach
- 1 tablespoon cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 black cardamom
- Salt as needed
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 2 tablespoons gram flour
- 1 teaspoon dried pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 inch ginger (peeled and finely grated)
- Oil for frying
- Take pork fillets in pressure cooker and add 3 to 4 cups of water to fully cover the pork. Add bay leaf, black cardamom, cinnamon stick and season with salt. Cover the lid and after whistling cook for about half hour to 40 minutes until the pork is cooked enough to shred easily.
- In the meanwhile take spinach in a bowl and add onions, dried pomegranate seeds, coriander, cumin seeds, garlic paste, grated ginger, gram flour, green chilies, garam masala and salt and mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated. Set aside until next use.
- Uncover the cooker and take out the pork in a dish, shred the pork with hands then add to the spinach mixture. Mix well to make an even mixture and until the pork is fully incorporated with the rest of the ingredients.
- Make small balls and press at the middle to make flat cutlets. Place in the dish and repeat the same procedure with the rest of the mixture.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Slowly add the cutlets into the hot oil and cook for 4 to 5 minutes at medium heat to avoid burning of the crust.
- When ready, take out in a serving dish and serve hot with chili sauce