Just like other pakora recipes, this Paneer Pakora recipe is superbly delicious. You will need few ingredients to finish the recipe, the key ingredients are paneer (cottage cheese) and gram flour.
This evening snack has delicious crisp taste from outside and the presence of paneer is giving it a soft texture from inside. The best thing about Paneer Pakora is that it’s delicious, healthy and very simple to make.
Prep Time – 5 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
For paneer pakora:
- 2-pound paneer piece (cut in rectangular slabs)
- 3 tablespoons gram flour
- Salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (roasted)
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon fish powder
- 1 packet imli
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, salt, red chili powder, dried coriander, chopped fresh coriander, cumin seeds and fish powder and mix well.
- Now add enough water in the gram flour mixture to make a fine paste but don’t make it watery, keep it a bit thick.
- Heat the oil for deep frying.
- Now add the paneer slabs one by one into the gram flour mixture and coat completely then add into the hot oil and fry for about 2 minutes on one side, change the side and again cook for about 2 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Take out in a serving dish and set aside warm.
- Now for imli chutey, soak the imli in water and keep in a dry place for 5 to 6 hours or overnight will be great.
- Remove the seeds from the soaked imli and then boil the seedless imli in the same water in which it was soaked. When it starts boiling gently stir with wooden spatula and slowly smash the imli. Add the salt, black pepper and sugar and stir constantly.
- When its puree and the sauce is reduced and thick, remove from heat and set aside until cool.
- Serve the paneer pakora with delicious imli chutney and enjoy.
- (Imli chutney is easily available in any Indian shop but the taste of homemade imli sauce is always remarkable and worth the effort).