Barfi is a very tasty and popular Indian sweet. Barfi is a soft kind of fudge that melts in your mouth and is usually served on special occasions or as a snack on festivals. At home you can serve it along with your other sweets on your coffee table.
Prep Time – 5 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 1 ½ cup khoya
- 3 green cardamoms (powdered)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup ghee
- ½ cup almonds crushed
- Heat ghee in a pan and add khoaya. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes at medium heat with constant stirring so that it does not gets scorched.
- Add sugar and powdered cardamoms and again mix well until the sugar is fully dissolved, it will take about 4 to 5 minutes more.
- When the mixture is ready (the sign of properly cooked khoya is that the mixture will come in the centre of the pan and will puff up) add half of the crushed almonds and again mix wel.
- Take out in a dish and pat with spatula to make an even dough. Set aside for half hour or until it cools down, cuts the khoya into small pieces and enjoy delicious khoya barfi