If you want to try an out of the ordinary dessert, then try this Gulab Jamun. Gulab Jamun is a very popular Indian dessert and is mainly served on special occasions. Gulab Jamun are a kind of flavored deep fried dough balls, which are soaked in a sugary syrup.
- Prep Time – 10 Minutes
- Cook Time – 15 Minutes
- Yield – 10
- Difficulty Level – Easy
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon white flour
- 1 cup powdered milk (any milk of your choice)
- 3 teaspoons semolina
- 1½ tablespoon butter
- 1 leveled teaspoon baking powder
- Oil for frying
For sugary syrup:
- 2 cups plain water
- 1½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon cardamom powder
- Take a bowl and mix together the flour, powdered milk, semolina, butter, egg and baking powder. Mix well until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Make small balls with both hands and set aside. These ingredients will make around 12 balls.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Slowly add the balls into the oil and cook until light brown. Don’t overcook.
- In the meanwhile, add all of the ingredients of the sugar syrup and heat until it begin to boil and all the ingredients are fully mixed.
- Take out the balls from the oil and add to the sugar syrup. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Take out in a serving plate and serve hot or cold.
Ready in – 25 Minutes
Recipe Type – Desserts