Bhel puri is one of the most popular and common street food that is served in varieties of ways like dry and wet where it is prepared in its special sauces and chutneys.
Its best served with fried Indian pooris as a delicious lunch or dinner but you can enjoy it as it is, as a perfect evening snack.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Yield – 2
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 1 cup puffed rice
- ½ cup boiled moong sprout
- 2 tablespoon sweet tamarind sauce
- ½ cup sev
- 1 medium potato (peeled and cubed)
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped mint
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 green chili (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon roasted peanuts
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala
- Take puffed rice in a pan and dry toast until crisp and light golden.
- Transfer the puffed rice to a large bowl and add moong sprouts.
- In the meanwhile, heat about 1 cup of water in a sauce pan and add potato cubes. Cook for about 5 to 6 minutes or until tender. Drain out water and set aside the potatoes until cooled at room temperature.
- Add the potatoes along with the spices to the puffed rice mixture and atop with all of the spices, peanuts, lemon juice and tamarind sauce. Mix well with spatula.
- Finally add fresh mint and sev and serve immediately.