Pork chops are a popular dish in India. They are usually served at special occasions and instead of using pork chops they prepare this dish with lamb chops. Pork chops are cooked in their own juices on a slow flame.
Because of this kind of preparation, the meat of the pork chops will be very soft and juicy and bursting with flavor.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 40 Minutes
Yield – 2
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pork chops
- Salt as needed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 black cardamom
- 2 cloves
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
For Cucumber Salad:
- 2 cucumbers (peeled and shredded)
- ½ cup peanuts (roasted)
- Sugar as needed
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- ½ cup cream
- 1 apple (cut in small pieces)
- Take cinnamon stick, clove, cumin seeds, dried coriander, black cardamom and cloves in a grinder and grind well completely powdered. Take out in a dish.
- Now place the pork chops in that powdered mixture and mix well until fully coated. Season with salt and black pepper and add lemon juice. Again mix to coat. Set aside for 1 hour.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a pan and add the marinated pork chops, cook for about 15 minutes on one side or until fully cooked, add 1 teaspoon honey on one side, change the side then again add honey and cook for about 10 to 15 minutes or until well done.
- When ready take out in a dish and set aside warm.
- Now take shredded cucumber in a bowl and add the chopped apples, mayonnaise, cream, sugar and roasted and mix well until properly combined. (you can also have it sugar free and can also replace sugar with honey if you are health conscious, that won’t disturb the taste of it).
- Serve the cucumber apple salad along with pork chops and enjoy.