Hot and Spicy Pork with Cashews is very popular in Goa where it is enjoyed with white rice. It is made in different ways, sometimes it is cooked as it is and sometimes with a lot of veggies in it like green bell pepper, carrots or cauliflower.
Here I am using potatoes and pork to make the flavor of pork more dominant rather than veggies in any other recipe of the same dish. If you don’t like potato, you can also add something else according to your taste and can make it a delicious meal for your perfect dinner.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 35 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pounds pork (cut in cubes)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup roasted and unsalted cashews
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 potato (peeled and cut in cubes)
- 2 green chilies (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove (peeled)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- Water as needed
- Take onion, tomato, garlic clove, cashews, mint, green chilies and cumin seeds in a blender and blend well until smooth mixture. Take out in a bowl and set aside until use.
- Now heat butter in a pan and add pork, fry for 6 to 7 minutes then add garlic paste and tomatoes, cover the pan and again cook for 10 more minutes at medium low heat.
- Uncover the pan and add turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, salt, black pepper and lemon juice and cook for 1 more minute at high heat.
- Then add the grinded onion and cashew mixture along with the chopped potatoes and again cook for 10 minutes at medium heat with constant stirring.
- Finally add 2 cups of water, cover the lid and allow it to cook on medium low heat for about 15 more minutes or until the pork is ready and tender.
- Add garam masala and take out in a serving dish and garnish with roasted cashews.