Paneer is a very easy to prepare Indian cheese. If you can’t find paneer in your local store, then stop searching! This recipe will guide you to prepare paneer, which you can use for various dishes on this website.
You may also like:
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 7 cups of milk
- 2 lemons
- Almonds (optional)
- Honey (optional)
- Take milk in a large non-stick pan and heat until it begins to boil.
- Now squeeze out both of the lemons, I should make about ¼ cup of juice. Stir constantly and gently. Slow down the heat to medium low.
- After 5 to 10 minutes you will notice the curds and bubble formation in the milk, don’t panic, you are doing it exactly the right way. Keep on stirring occasionally at low heat until the curds completely separated out of the milk. You can easily judge when it is done.
- Place the colander in your sink and make a thin layer of a cloth so that the small particles may not drain out of the colander.
- Pour the curded milk into the colander, the extra water will drain out and the curds will be left behind. You can also run out the cold water to remove the flavor of lemon.
- If you want to add some nuts or honey to the cheese, this is the important step for you then. Add little honey and crushed almonds to the curds and tighly squeeze the cloth so that the extra water run out of it and only the paneer is left behind in there.
- I usually hang to the kitchen sink tap and tighten it up with a thread to drain out extra water and wait for an hour.
- After one hour untie the cloth and take out the prepared paneer.
- Cut into pieces and enjoy as it is or in your favorite curry.
Leave a Reply