Beef Shami Kebab is a very popular Indian snack, especially in the Punjab region. Shami means ‘evening’, and that’s why Beef Shami Kebab is usually eaten in the evenings and outdoor picnics.
You may also like: Aromatic Beef Karahi, Classic Keema Matar and Shahi Beef Haleem Recipe
You can serve Beef Shami Kebab along with roti, raita or chutney or any other side dish of your desire.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 1 pound beef mince
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped pudina (mint)
- 2 to 3 eggs
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 small potato (boiled, peeled and mashed)
- 1 teaspoon dried pomegranate seeds
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon ginger paste
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 black cardamom
- Take beef mince in a large bowl and add salt, mashed potato, paprika, coriander, cumin, garlic paste, ginger paste and dried pomegranate seeds. Mix well with both hands until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Take cinnamon stick, clove, black pepper and black cardamom in a coffee grinder and grind until fine powder.
- Add this powdered mixture and chopped pudina into the beef mince mixture and mix well.
- Make small paties from this mixture and place in bread crumbs, cover from one side then change the side and again cover from bread crumbs. Place bread crumbs coated kebabs in a refrigerator for an hour.
- In the meanwhile whisk the eggs and heat oil in a pan for shallow frying.
- Take out the kebabs from the refrigerator and dip in the whisked eggs. Properly coat the kebabs with eggs then place in the pan for frying. Cook for about 7 minutes on one side at medium heat, change the sides and again cook for about 6 to 7 minutes or until the kebabs are ready.
- Take out in a serving dish and garnish with sliced onion.
Leave a Reply