Chicken Nargisi Kofta is a chicken mince meatball with a boiled egg on the inside, swimming in a nice curry sauce. This dish always reminds me of my childhood when my mom used to prepare them.
You may also like: Delicious Chicken Makhani Handi, Spicy Tandoori Chicken and Stuffed Chicken Bread Bajji
Now it is one of our family favorites at our home and are my husband and kids always very pleased when I make them. I hope that this dish will be one of your favorites too.
Prep Time – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 30 Minutes
Yield – 5
Difficulty Level – Medium
- 2 cups chicken mince
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 to 4 tablespoons white flour
- Salt as needed
- Black pepper as needed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3 to 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 4 tablespoons oil for shallow frying
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 3 tomatoes (chopped)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 5 green cardamoms (powdered)
- 2 green chilies
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- ¼ teaspoon kesar
- 3 tablespoons cream
- ¼ turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- Salt as needed
- Take chicken mince in a large bowl and add salt, garlic, ginger, paprika, cumin powder, chopped parsley, garam masala and black pepper. Mix well with both hands until smooth mixture.
- Now take hard boiled eggs and roll in the white flour until fully coated. The tap a little to get rid of the extra flour. Set aside.
- Make 6 balls of the chicken mixture and then fit in the eggs inside of each ball and cover the eggs completely inside of the mince. Roll the balls with hands until completely smooth from outside without any creases. Place in a refrigerator for about an hour.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the chicken and egg balls and fry for about 4 to 5 minutes first at high heat and then at medium for proper cooking. Cook until golden brown from outside.
- Take out in a dish and set aside until use.
- Take 1 cup of water in a small pan and allow it to boil then add the chopped onions and boil for 1 minute. Drain out the water and set the boiled onions aside until cool.
- Now take onion, garlic, ginger and coriander powder in a grinder and grind until smooth.
- Heat 2 tablespoons vegetable oil in a pan and add bay leaves, cinnamon stick and cumin powder, sauté for few seconds then add the onion mixture and again cook for 1 more minute or until the oil is separated.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, turmeric powder, curry powder, salt, kesar and cloves, cover the lid and cook for about 5 to 6 minutes at low heat.
- Smash the tomatoes and add the chicken egg balls and cardamom powder, cook at high heat for about 5 minutes then add cream and further cook for 2 more minutes.
- Take out in a serving dish and garnish with chopped mint.
Leave a Reply