I am a big fan of sweets but when it comes to Indian sweet dishes, Besan Badam ki Barfi is very hard to resist. I always do a lot of experimentation and variations in the recipes and every time they turned out to be extremely delicious.
Earlier I have shared Besan ke laddu and now I discovered something very interesting which is also made of Besan but the addition of powdered almond makes it authentic.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 15 Minutes
Yield – 5
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1 cup coconut powder
- 1 cup roasted and unsalted almonds
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup butter or ghee
- 3 cardamoms (powdered)
- 1½ cup milk
- Take a bowl and add gram flour, cardamom powder and coconut powder, mix well to form an even mixture then add milk and whisk well until the mixture is smooth and without lumps.
- Now add almonds to the grinder and grind until fine powder.
- Add the powdered almonds to the gram flour mixture and mix well until the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Heat ghee in a kadai and add the gram flour mixture. Cook for 6 to 7 minutes with constant stirring or until the mixture leaves the sides of the kadai.
- Add sugar and again mix well and cook for 4 to 5 more minutes until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is golden brown.
- When ready, take out the gram flour mixture in a tray and set aside until cool.
- Cut into 2 to 3 inch pieces and place in a refrigerator if you like otherwise serve at room temperature.