Macher chops is basically a Bengali dish and is fried rather than grill or baking. Here the fish is prepared with the punch of mashed potatoes and bread to give it a soft and crisp taste at the same time. You can add more veggies according to your taste but my favorite is simply mixing it with potatoes and green chilies.
You may also like:
Macher Chops is really simple to make and really easy to finish as the delicious taste is irresistible and the presence of Indian spices makes it really mouth-watering.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pounds fish fillets
- ¼ cup chopped leeks
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried pomegranate seeds
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped mint
- 2 bread slices
- 1 boiled potato (peeled and mashed)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 tablespoon gram flour
- Heat water in a pan and add fish and 1 teaspoon salt. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until the fish is soft and cooked.
- Take out in a dish and mash well.
- Then add mashed potatoes and crushed bread slices and mix well with both hands until all the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Add salt, black pepper, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, pomegranate seeds, gram flour, chopped mint and leeks and mix well until the mixture is even and smooth and all the ingredients are properly mixed.
- Make small balls cum cutlets and set aside.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a pan and slowly add the fish chops in the hot oil and cook for 2 minutes on one side then change the side and fry again for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- When ready take out in a serving dish and serve hot with mint sauce.
Leave a Reply