Vadas is one of the most famous snacks all over India and is made with different punches. Normally it is made with veggies and daals (lentils) and is basically a vegetarian dish but here we have added beef as the main ingredient to have a different and more delightful taste of vadas.
You can serve it with garlic chutney and also with boiled veggies that will give it a filling taste and you can have it even in your healthy breakfast.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- ½ cup white lentil
- ½ cup red lentil
- ¼ cup yellow split peas
- 1 cup beef mince (boiled)
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies (finely chopped)
- 3 tablespoons chopped mint
- Oil for deep frying
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 teaspoon dried pomegranate seeds
- ½ teaspoon ginger paste
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Soak all of the lentils in water and leave over night. That will make it easy for you to grind it and you can have a fine thick mixture.
- Grind the lentils until fine and thick puree then take out in a large bowl.
- Add salt, black pepper, coriander, cumin, garlic mince and ginger paste and mix well.
- Finally add chopped mint, green chilies, beef mince and onion and mix well until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Make small balls with hands without any cracks then press at the middle to have circular flat cutlets. Set aside when ready.
- In the meanwhile heat oil in a pan for deep frying and slowly add the cutlets in the oil. Fry for about 3 to 4 minutes then change the side and again fry for 3 to 4 or until golden brown and fully cooked.
- Take out in a dish with a paper towel so that the extra oil is soaked.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve with green chili chutney. Serve hot.