Beef karahi is a typical spicy Indian cuisine and really popular even in the western countries. This dish is a treat for all of the beef lovers. The boosting taste of beef in karahi will make you addicted to this dish and I can bet you can have it even twice or thrice in a week and will never get bored as the aromatic taste of Beef karahi is even loved by the kids.
Prep Time – 10 Minutes
Cook Time – 35 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 2 pounds beef (cut in cubes)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled)
- 1 inch ginger piece (grated)
- Salt as needed
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cinnamon stick (powdered)
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 3 green chilies (finely chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon garam masala
- 6 tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley (for garnishing)
- Water as needed
- Take beef in a pressure cooker and add enough water to cover the beef pieces. Add black cardamom, salt, 2 garlic cloves and dried coriander and mix well. Cover the lid of the pressure cooker and when the cooker starts whistling, cook for about 15 to 20 minutes.
- In the mean while, heat oil in a pan and add garlic and cumin seeds, sauté for 1 minute then add tomatoes and salt, cover the lid and simmer for about 6 to 7 minutes or until the tomatoes are tender enough to smash easily and completely. (Adding salt with tomatoes or onion will help it cook easily and rapidly).
- Smash the tomatoes with wooden spatula until gravy then add paprika and cinnamon powder and further cook for 1 more minute.
- Take out the boiled beef from the cooker and discard the water (you can keep it for another recipe as it tastes delicious). Add the beef in the tomato mixture and top with lemon juice and black pepper.
- Cook for about 10 more minutes at medium heat and finally add green chilies and grated ginger and cook for 1 more minute.
- Take out in a serving dish and sprinkle garam masala and garnish with chopped fresh parsley. Enjoy with naan or chapatti.