India is always very popular for the different varieties of tea, of which one of the most popular tea is ginger tea (Adrak wali Chai). Like all other normal teas, the main ingredient is dried black tea leaves but besides that, the important component is ginger and cardamom which gives the tea an aromatic effect that you all couldn’t resist.
You may also like: Top 5 Summer Drinks To Beat the Heat In June
You will find a lot more varieties of tea like pudina ki chai (mint tea), masala chai, lemongrass, and tulsi chai. All of them are extraordinary varieties of tea but my favorite is ginger tea which I would love to share with you all.
Prep Time – 5 Minutes
Cook Time – 10 Minutes
Yield – 4
Difficulty Level – Easy
- 3 cups of water
- 1 inch garlic piece (peeled and grated)
- 3 to 4 cardamoms (crushed)
- Sugar as needed
- 2 cups of milk (if you like less milky then use 1 cup of milk)
- 4 teaspoon black tea leaves
- Take water in a pan and allow it to boil. When starts boiling, add cardamom and grated ginger, cover the lid and again boil for 4 to 5 minutes. The water color will change to yellowish because of garlic.
- Now add sugar and black tea and further boil for 2 to 3 minutes or until the water turns dark brown.
- Now add milk and further boil for 3 to 4 minutes or until the tea starts boiling.
- When the tea is ready, strain the tea and pour into serving cups.
- Serve hot with traditional Indian pakora or plain cookies and enjoy.